Frequent Asked Questions
The first time you log in, it is necessary to use your “old” software registration login, afterwards, you will be asked to link it to your My Milestone login. Your Software License Code (SLC) will be then migrated to your My Milestone account.
What if I do not have a My Milestone login?
Just log in with your “old” software registration account and you will be able to create a My Milestone account in the process.
What is the difference between the old software registration login and the My Milestone login?
Previously, different logins were required to access Milestone Systems’ applications – one for software registration and another for My Milestone, the Forum and MOOS. This has been simplified now so you only need one login to access all applications.
What is the benefit of using My Milestone login for software registration instead of keeping the old one?
It was quite common that the old Software Registration login was shared by everyone in the same company. By using the My Milestone login, individual preferences can be set up for each user, including access and notifications among many others.
Can I have multiple My Milestone accounts with access to the SLCs from my “old” software registration account?
Yes. You can associate as many My Milestone accounts with your “old” software registration account as you want. All you have to do is log in with your “old” software registration account, click on “associate new account” and follow the process.
What if I use the old Software Registration login when doing an online activation from the XProtect VMS?
You will still be able to use your old Software Registration login to complete an online activation for a limited number of times. However, you will be required to merge your old Software Registration login with your My Milestone login after the third time.
I can’t see my licenses when I log in with my My Milestone login, what should I do?
This can happen for multiple reasons.
- Your licenses can be in the migration queue. When you are logged in you can see the status of the queue on the right side and update the list by clicking on “update list”
- An error has occurred.If this is the case, an automated email will be sent to you as well as to our support team who will look into the incident.
- If you already have a My Milestone account with license user access, you might not have associated this with your old software registration account. To do this, log in with the old software registration account and follow the wizard.
- If your license administrator has changed the visibility settings on an SLC, you might not be able to see that SLC. Contact your license administrator for clarifications on this matter.
- If you have a new license, it may not have been associated to your account. You can add it to your account by clicking the “Add SLC” button and enter the information
How long does it take to complete the migration process?
Migrating licenses from your old Software Registration account to your My Milestone account is a quick and easy process. However, if there are many licenses, it can take several minutes; therefore we give you the option of entering the Software Registration and working with the licenses that have already been migrated. You can follow the progress on the “Active SLCs” page where the number of remaining migration tasks is displayed. This gives you the ability to update the list with the latest licenses that have been processed.
What else has changed?
- Easy filtering by grouping the SLC list. Simply drag a column to the grouping header and have your own custom filter group created. Drag back into the list to remove the grouping
- The DLK count is now displayed as “used/total” instead of “used/unused”
- License administrators can decide who should have access to which SLCs. If no restrictions are set on a SLC, all users in a company will have the SLC in their list
- The license administrator role is set by your My Milestone administrator
- Subscribe to nofications that remind you about when your Milestone Care service coverage is about to expire and due for renewal. You can add notifications for individual SLCs, or for multiple SLCs due for renewal
- Access to the Customer Dashboard, where you can monitor the statuses of your customer’ installations
- View all SLCs that is associated with your account. For example an end-user’s SLC have you registered as reseller, and you will now be able to see it in your list of active SLCs
- Visibility on SLCs are now much more flexible. License administrators are now able to identify who has access to view a specific SLC
- Design has been updated